For Life Science Companies
We custom-tailor our services to meet the unique needs of our clients, as broadly or narrowly as necessary, from planning to execution. For companies we offer assistance in the areas of:
- Developing and implementing strategy
- Business development and commercialization
- Technology assessment
- Mergers and acquisitions
Select Case Studies:
- A Fortune 100 multinational chemical company retained Popper and Company to develop a strategic plan to enter the clinical diagnostics market. We identified unmet clinical needs, assessed the size of the market, identified and interviewed key opinion leaders to test market assumptions, and ultimately identified acquisition targets.
- A major multinational pharma company’s diagnostics division engaged Popper and Company to develop a strategy for entering the molecular diagnostics market through a series of acquisitions. Our work included identifying potential acquisition targets, assessing strategic and technology fit, assisting with development of financial models, and assembling and moderating a panel of experts to discuss unmet needs in cancer diagnostics.
- Popper and Company assisted in determining the marketing opportunity for a European-based venture-backed diagnostic content company. We identified disease areas and specific conditions where the high-sensitivity of the client’s discovery platform would offer a competitive advantage, connected with thought leaders to validate our market assumptions, developed financial models and general strategy, and conducted business development activities.
- Popper and Company led the business development activities for a private start-up in molecular diagnostics focused on development of a predictive test for use in cancer management. Our assignment culminated with the signing of a license agreement with a major clinical diagnostics company.