Uncover your capabilities
Popper’s time-tested Inside Out Diagnostic process will help you get to market efficiently.
Step 1: Internal “audit”
At the outset of our engagement, we’ll conduct an initial assessment consisting of the following elements:
- Interview stakeholders and compile input
- Evaluate existing and past strategies and plans
- Inventory assets and capabilities
- Understand assumptions, sacred cows and business context
- Assess organizational opportunities and objectives
- Clarify concepts and aspirations
Step 2: External assessment
With a comprehensive understanding of your organization’s available internal resources – innovation capabilities, research, design and development infrastructure and manufacturing capacity – we’ll turn our focus outward. Our team will:
- Think clinically and scientifically to diagram current paradigms, identify unmet needs, reimagine processes
- Analyze the competitive landscape, market opportunities, and industry trends – and megatrends
- Identify enabling technologies, and pertinent new biological insights
- Revisit all of the above from consumer/patient, provider and payor perspectives
Step 3: Creative thinking
The intelligence gained in the Internal and External phases (steps 1 & 2 above) will enable us to apply creative thinking to formulate and refine concepts and address specific questions.
After reviewing available resources and determining ideation parameters, we will brainstorm ideas – and ultimately, through an iterative process, establish broad specifications of the ideal technology, product, or business.
Step 4: Definition
After we have built the case for the value of the product or technology, we’ll turn ideas into action in an accelerated fashion as we address the following:
- Establish product/technology/business attributes
- Highlight opportunities for differentiation
- Consider regulatory, reimbursement and production issues
- Identify potential strategic and commercial partners for channel access
- Assemble proof-of-concept data to facilitate business development efforts
- Delineate a high-level market-driven commercialization roadmap
Step 5: Development plan
In this final phase, we will define your product/technology/business complete with relevant use cases and compelling commercial rationale. Specifically, this involves the following:
- Establish clear objectives
- Identify value-creating project milestones
- Create a comprehensive plan to bring your offering to market, including regulatory and reimbursement strategy, financial plan and strategic partnering strategy.